Psalm 73:26

God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Walking into something new.

I needed to get my life a little more organized. I made a big career change.. I changed jobs ... again. I have been part time in the E.R. and decided to go full time. I am excited and scared at the same time. I have changed jobs so many times, that I was hesitant to, but I discovered that I love the changing pace and always challenging day in the E.R. As soon as I would learn a job, and have it down , I got a little bored. But there is absolutely so way you can be bored in this job. The nurses are a great bunch, we laugh (almost)all day. I do feel as though I could do this until I am old and ready for the rocking chair. This is the job that I can go to and then leave it there. My last job, as management, I was forever taking stuff home. You never really feel as though your day is done. I will not miss being on call. The thought that you might have to go to work on any given shift always made me feel as though you couldn't ever exhale and relax.
  So here I am, in a new place, and I think I'm gonna like it. I am planning to take my C.E.N. by the end of the year. Certified Emergency Nurse exam. I know that starting soon, I am gonna be studying like crazy again, but I love learning. If I am not challenging myself, then I just get bored.
  Then there is my knitting. I put it off for the last week. I was so excited to receive my info on my secret sock partner. I need to find just the right yarn.I wanted to give myself this past week to settle into my new position, get used to the new hours, and just get into a routine. But now with my new schedule, I have the same days off each week I can plan what I want to do. I prayed about this job before I took it. I really did not want to miss church on Sundays. I feel as though I would miss so much and want to be there. I know that God really opened up this position for me. I cant believe that they agreed to let me work every Saturday and have every Sunday off. I know that if I put the Lord first, everything else in my life always fall into place. He is so faithful.
So here I am, with such a grateful heart, ready for the new challenge ahead. Its funny, that whenever I have a knitting project going, that I can look back on that  project and time it to an event in my life.It seems as though my knitting becomes a touch stone for events and prayers that I pray while I knit. Knitting for me is so meditative. So it is fitting, that as I walk into this new journey, I am knitting socks.
   

No comments: